Giving to a Scholarship Endowment
OCCF Scholarship Recipients.
A Scholarship and Award Fund is a permanent endowment that offers a simple and enduring way to help students further their education. Through funds created by generous donors, the Oklahoma City Community Foundation awards more than $4.1 million in scholarships annually to more than 900 students throughout Oklahoma.
An endowed Scholarship Fund provides an ideal way to help students achieve their educational goals. Depending on the size of your gift, our staff can assist you in determining the scholarship guidelines, including eligibility criteria, award amount and even help create a selection committee.
- Minimum initial balance of $50,000. This amount can be accumulated over time and come from more than one donor.
- Permanent endowment funds allow you to award 5 percent annually through scholarships.
- Earns investment returns.
Give to an Existing Scholarship
To find an existing scholarship that meets your charitable goals, review our Scholarship Directory. By making a gift to any of the scholarships we administer, you can help ensure that award amounts increase to meet rising education costs.
- Make an online gift and specify the fund name in the online giving form.
- Mail your gift to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, 1000 N. Broadway, Oklahoma City, OK 73101.
Types of Gifts
Gifts to scholarship funds at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation can be made in many ways. By using assets other than cash, you can make a significant gift without impacting your current lifestyle. We even offer giving options that provide fixed payments back to you during your lifetime.
- Include a gift in your will or trust.
- Name the Oklahoma City Community Foundation as one of the beneficiaries of your retirement account or life insurance policy.
- Make a gift of appreciated securities, land or personal property.
- Use your annual required minimum distribution from your individual retirement account to make a tax-free IRA charitable rollover gift.