The Oklahoma City Community Foundation is home to more than 120 scholarship funds established by individuals, organizations and companies. These funds share the common goal of helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
For answers to our most frequently asked questions, view our guide here.
Of the more than 120 scholarships that we administer, more than 90 have a convenient and easy online application process. The instructions below will help you through the entire online application process so please read them before you start the General Application. You should print this page for your records.
Please note that our scholarships have various application deadlines, so please submit a complete application along with all required documents by the deadline for the scholarship(s) you are applying. You will not be able to change responses or upload additional information after a scholarship deadline has passed.
1. Gather required materials
Here’s what you’ll need:
- FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report or page 1 and 2 of your household’s most recent IRS 1040 tax form – Must be in PDF format.
- School transcript – The name and professional email address of your registrar, counselor or other school official that can submit an official transcript on your behalf (high school and/or college).
- Prepare a list of extracurricular activities, community service, honors, awards, leadership and employment history. You will need to be prepared to input dates and descriptions.
- References – Names and email addresses of the guidance counselors, teachers and/or administrators who will write letters of recommendation for you. One is required for the General Application; certain scholarships may require up to three. We strongly encourage you to make personal contact with all references prior to submitting his or her name on your online application.
- Email Account – If you do not have an email account, please read these instructions regarding setting up a free email account.
2. Set up your Student Account
Click here to visit https://occf.academicworks.com. Click the ‘Sign Up’ button in the upper right hand corner. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address and to create a password. Once you submit your information, you’ll receive a reply email granting you access to the General Application. If you don’t see the reply email in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder.
Return to top.
3. Fill out the General Application
Once you’ve set up your student account, please complete the online General Application. The application deadlines vary, but we encourage you to apply early.
- Please answer the questions carefully and thoroughly. Your answers determine your eligibility for all online scholarships at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. If any required questions are not completed, your application will not be considered.
- You may work on your application over a period of time. You must click the “Save and Keep Editing” button at least once every 30 minutes to ensure your work is saved. If you do not click the “Save and Keep Editing” button, the system will time out and all information entered since the last time you clicked on the “Save and Keep Editing” button will be lost.
- Click the ‘Finish and Continue’ button to submit your completed General Application. If all required questions have been answered, you will see a green button with a checkmark and may proceed to the next step. If you missed a question, you will be prompted to complete it and resubmit your General Application.
4. Apply for scholarships
After you complete and submit your General Application, click on “View Opportunities” to review the recommended scholarships that match up with the information included in your submitted General Application. This does not mean that you are qualified to apply for every scholarship listed as a recommended scholarship. You will note that each recommended scholarship listed has at least one additional question. Before you apply for a specific scholarship, please review the qualifications and any restrictions to ensure that you qualify. You will need to complete the additional questions for each scholarship that you apply for.
Remember: You will not be able to change responses or upload additional information after the application deadlines.
Return to top.
5. Manage references and applications
Review your Student Account periodically to check the status of your applications and manage your references. When you complete your General Application, an email is sent to your references with instructions on how they can upload their reference letters. It is your responsibility to make sure they do it on time. Click the ‘Manage References’ button to check if your references have uploaded their letters. You can click the ‘Resend’ button if you’d like to remind them (this sends a second email to the references with instructions).
The application deadlines vary and we encourage you to apply early. An application is not complete until all materials are submitted.
6. Selections and Awards
The selection process varies depending upon the scholarships. A few scholarships may require finalists to participate in an interview. When final selections are made and if you have been selected, you’ll be notified.
Log on to your Student Account to accept the award. After you have accepted, you will receive additional correspondence from the Oklahoma City Community Foundation regarding your scholarship award. If you don’t receive a notification, check the status of your application on your Student Account online.
Ready? Click here to visit https://occf.academicworks.com and get started!
Questions? Please contact the Scholarship staff at email@example.com or call Megan Hornbeek at 405/606-2917.
Return to top.