The Oklahoma City Community Foundation staff is pleased to work with financial advisors to find the best charitable giving options for their clients. Our participation in the American Funds Community Foundation Program allows financial advisors to continue managing client assets given to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation for qualified charitable agreements. This program provides the clients with maximum tax benefits on their charitable giving while providing the advisor an opportunity to continue asset management.
Benefits to Financial Advisors:
- The Oklahoma City Community Foundation is able to accept a wide variety of assets to establish a charitable fund including cash, securities, real estate, and more.
- You receive a service fee from the American Funds Distributors when the Oklahoma City Community Foundation uses the asset proceeds to establish an American Funds account with an opening minimum of $10,000.
- You are named investment manager of record for the American Fund account created.
- All service fees are provided at the expense of the American Funds, not the Oklahoma City Community Foundation or the donor.
- You have the ability to work with local philanthropic specialists to offer charitable giving plans that maximize tax-saving benefits for your clients thus creating a valuable additional component to the financial planning services your provide.
Benefits to Clients:
Founded in 1969, the Oklahoma City Community Foundation is a local organization with in-depth knowledge of the community’s charitable needs and opportunities. And we are able to accept a wide variety of non-cash assets such as property, real estate, securities and oil and gas rights. Gift Acceptance Policy
If you are interested in learning how the American Funds partnership with the Oklahoma City Community Foundation can benefit you and your clients, please contact Joe Carter at 405/606-2914 or Rhonda Godwin at 405/606-2916.
American Funds Application
Investment Options Funds
Investment Options Gift Fund Policy Statement
Investment Options Gift Fund Agreement Form
Investment Options Legacy Fund Policy Statement
Investment Options Legacy Fund Agreement Form